Cookbook Review: Trisha’s Table

Trisha’s Table
by
Trisha Yearwood

Trisha’s Table is the third cookbook released by country superstar, Trisha Yearwood. While her first two cookbooks feature down home Southern cooking recipes, this one promises to provide readers with a more balanced approach, somewhat following Trisha’s 80/20 rule on healthy eating. If you’re not familiar with the 80/20 rule, it simply means that 80% of the time you eat good, nutritious foods and the other 20% is where you splurge on stuff that might not be so healthy.  The 80/20 rule is one we aim to follow in our own home, so I was excited to see this new cookbook.

Trisha has put out a beautiful book; its pages are crisp, clear and full of beautiful pictures. What makes this cookbook stand out from others is how she puts her personal touch on it. Accompanying each recipe is a little story or anecdote about the recipe and how she came up with it, there are many stories about her friends and family. I’ve only had the book for a few days so I haven’t had a chance to try any of the recipes yet, but some that stand out to me are Angel Hair Pasta with Avocado Pesto, Mrs. Carter’s Skillet Apple Pie and Slow Cooker Georgia Pulled Pork. This beautiful cookbook would be a great addition to the shelf of anyone who loves southern cooking or just likes collecting cookbooks.

Disclaimer:

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for this review. All thoughts are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.

Buy the Book:
If you’re interested in checking out this book you can find it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, as well as many other retailers.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s